At Hillsborough Education Foundation, we value our dedicated team members who are passionate about strengthening public education.
Our operational values – Collaboration, Express Gratitude, Be Innovative, Integrity and Empowerment – guide our work as an organization.
hef is growing and currently accepting applications for:
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Hillsborough Education Foundation (HEF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the mission to strengthen public education in Hillsborough County through advocacy, investment of resources and programs that empower every student to achieve academic and personal success. Provides high-level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the efficient operation of the executive office. The position directly assists the CEO in their relations with the staff, the Board of Directors and its committees, the school district, volunteers, supporters, and other external stakeholders. This position also supports the other departments as needed.
We are looking for our next team member who wants to contribute to making a difference for students in Hillsborough County. Our mission only happens when we have great talent working collaboratively. We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package such as 100% paid health insurance, 401k match contributions, 11 paid holidays and 21 PTO days.
This is a full time, non-exempt position.
- Provides high-quality correspondence and documents, including but not limited to correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinates the preparation of agendas for meetings; gathers and distributes materials for meetings; attends meetings, composes official minutes of all meetings, and maintains related files and records.
- Manages and assists with the CEO’s calendar as well as the prioritization and tracking of project deadlines.
- Creates reports and completes analysis for various Foundation functions.
- Handles all logistics and coordination for effective governance.
- Prepares and reproduces correspondence, memos, reports, Minutes, and other written communication for the CEO, officers and the Board of Directors, and Board committees in accordance with procedures and best practices.
- Schedules all Board and assigned committee meetings, track RSVPs and attendance, prepares and distributes meeting materials, ensures room setup is completed, coordinates audio/visual requests, attends meetings, takes Minutes, keeps binders and electronic files current, and other tasks necessary for meetings.
- Maintains Board documents, correspondence, and other files.
- Manages the organizational calendar. Takes reservations and schedules use of our facilities for internal and external usage. Ensures the room is set up as requested. Welcomes the guests as the Foundation representative.
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Maintains office equipment, troubleshoots issues, calls vendors for repairs or updates when needed, and monitors office equipment operation.
- Monitors supplies for department and general office areas and orders supplies as needed. Coordinates the orders of all departments.
- Attends and assists at events and meetings as needed, some of which may occur in the evenings or on weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent writing, grammar, spelling, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exhibit superior planning, organization, and multitasking skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Five years of executive administrative experience preferred.
- Typing proficiency demonstrated at 50 words per minute.
- Must have dependable transportation and ability to travel to events that may be in the early morning, evening or on the weekend.
- No criminal history and able to pass background check.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
Pay: From $48,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Experience: Executive Assistant: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location