School & Classroom Enrichment Grants
The grant application window will open in late summer of 2021 for 2021-2022 School Year projects.
Get Funding for your Innovative Idea from HEF and the Community!
Hillsborough Education Foundation uses an online grant application platform that allows teachers and principals to post school projects or programs to seek funding through collective efforts by a pool of individual investors and HEF. Our chosen platform allows the community at-large to search for a specific school, teacher or subject area to see the great work you are doing and select projects or programs to fund.
Hillsborough Education Foundation has dedicated dollars to help fund innovative school and classroom projects. These projects help excite young minds beyond what some school budgets may allow. We encourage those who submit an application to promote their project to garner support through email, Twitter and Facebook using a designated link for each project.
Hillsborough County Public Schools teachers and administrators may submit applications for consideration. Project requests must be at least $100 and cannot exceed $2,000.
Information about the Grant Application Process
- You must use your district email address to register to use our grants platform during the application window, then complete your project application(s).
- Once an application is submitted, it will go through a two-step approval process. The first step is for your principal to approve or deny the project via an automated email. Next, Hillsborough Education Foundation will review it.
- Once your application is approved for consideration by Hillsborough Education Foundation, you will be notified and the project will be posted to the public site.
- If your project is funded, you must complete the required online outcomes report and submit a thank you letter in the system. Student thank you letters and photos of the project are also encouraged.
- Your submitted application will be visible to the public, so be sure to make it interesting and use language that the general public (your potential donors) will find compelling.
- You must notify the Hillsborough County Public Schools Grants and Research Operations (GRO) office of your intent to apply for funding by submitting a Grant Application Notification form via IDEAS at least two weeks prior to submitting your grant. Go to District => District Forms => Grant Application Notification. This Grant Application Notification form must be completed for each opportunity that you pursue.