Teaching Tools Resource Center
Empowering teachers with the resources and support you need to be effective in the classroom is critical for student achievement.
At our Teaching Tools Resource Center, teachers in Hillsborough County’s Title I schools can shop for free core school supplies and other resources. Our Teaching Tools Resource Center is managed and operated by Hillsborough Education Foundation and staffed by dedicated volunteers.
Hours & Location
School Year Pickup Hours
Monday, August 17, 2020 – Thursday, May 27, 2021
Mondays: 2:30 – 6 p.m.
Wednesdays: 2:30 – 6 p.m.
Thursdays: 2:30 – 5 p.m.
2nd & 4th Saturday shopping: 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
*Please Note: The Teaching Tools Resource Center is not holding in-person shopping opportunities until further notice. All shopping is being done online and all teachers must schedule their appointment in advance to pick up curbside.
Who Can Shop
Qualifying Hillsborough County Public Schools teachers are invited to shop for free supplies through our Teaching Tools Resource Center:
- Full-time Teachers
- Resource Teachers
- Assistant Principals
- School Psychologists
- VE, PE, Art & Music Teachers
- ESOL Teachers
- Speech Therapists/Pathologists
- Guidance Counselors
- Media Specialists
- Social Workers
- Instructional Coaches
Aides and paraprofessionals may only pick up online orders curbside on behalf of a teacher who has scheduled a pickup appointment.
All full-time teachers and designated faculty at Hillsborough County Public Schools Title I schools can shop from August through May per our current shopping process policy.
At One-Representative Schools, the principal assigns one shopper to serve as the designated shopper for the school.
All full-time Hillsborough County Public Schools teachers at schools that we currently do not serve at Full-Service schools can volunteer 3 hours a month at the Teaching Tools Resource Center to earn a free shopping trip. Teachers at One-Representative schools are eligible to volunteer to shop. All volunteers must be healthy and follow our established safety protocols.
Deliver to my School
30 select Title I schools in outlying areas of our county are eligible to have items shipped to their schools. Shoppers at these schools also have the option to schedule a pickup at HEF
How to Shop Online with Us
It is easy to shop at our Teaching Tools Resource Center online. Just follow the simple steps below.
Step 1. Access our portal to login educationfoundation.com/TeachingToolsResourceCenter. Place an online order and schedule either Curbside Pickup or Drop In & Pick Up. Our reservation process ensures that we can provide the best customer service possible. Logging in to the portal is easy, all you need are two items: Your district email address and your district assigned “Lawson number”.
- User Name: [email protected]
- Password: Your Lawson Number: example 100000
Step 2. For your first visit to our portal each school year, you will be prompted to review and agree to all terms of this Policies & Eligibility Form electronically. Once you click “Accept Agreement,” you will be directed to our main welcome page.
Step 3. Click “Place Order Online.”
Step 4. Select an appointment under “Available Shopping Dates” (if you are a Delivery School please select your fulfillment option first). Time slots are 30-60 minutes and you must show up within that time slot to be served. We are operating with minimal staff and volunteers and cannot make exceptions. If you can’t make it to your scheduled appointment, you can reschedule your appointment yourself until 6 p.m. on your scheduled day. All orders not rescheduled by 6 p.m. on your scheduled day and all orders not picked up by the end of the month will be canceled and restocked.
Step 5. Select your “Pickup Option.” You will have the option to select one of two pickup choices:
- Contactless Curbside Pickup: For this option, you remain in your vehicle and your order will be placed in your trunk. Instructions: Pull into a parking spot marked 11-25, text the number on the sign with your name (and the name of anyone else you’re picking up for), school and spot number. We will bring the order(s) out to you.
- Drop In & Pick Up: For this option, you will be called to enter the back of the warehouse to pick up your box and select a few extra items. You are required to wear a mask and use the provided hand sanitizer. Instructions: Pull into a parking spot marked 1-10, text the number on the sign with your name (and the name of anyone else you’re picking up for), school and spot number. We will call you when it is your turn to enter the warehouse.
- Deliver to my School: This option is reserved for 30 select Title I schools that are in outlying areas of our county. Teachers at these schools can either come to our site to pickup or have items shipped. Check out our website for the list of schools that are eligible for delivery.
Step 6. Select your items from the list and click “Complete Order.”
How to Substitute Shop
Currently, there is no substitute shopping. However, you may schedule a pickup on the same date/time as a coworker and we are happy to place your order in their vehicle during pickup. This may be done for several teachers from the same school, as long as you have selected the same date/timeslot for pickup. The designated pickup person must text all the names on the orders for pickup.
Aides and paraprofessionals may only pick up online orders curbside on behalf of a teacher. Identification is required.
Contact Celine Palmer at [email protected] or (813) 574-0260 Ext: 0 for questions or to schedule a volunteer opportunity at our Teaching Tools Resource Center.