Teaching Tools Resource Center
Teaching Tools is open for in-person shopping
by appointment only during the 2021-2022 School Year.
Empowering teachers with the resources and support you need to be effective in the classroom is critical for student achievement.
At our Teaching Tools Resource Center, teachers in Hillsborough County’s Title I schools can shop for free core school supplies and other resources. Our Teaching Tools Resource Center is managed and operated by Hillsborough Education Foundation and staffed by dedicated volunteers.
Per HEF’s current policy, masks are optional for staff and guests visiting the Teaching Tools Resource Center.
School Year Appointment Timeframes
Monday, July 26, 2021–Thursday, July 29, 2021 (first week only)
Monday, August 2, 2021–Thursday, May 26, 2022
Mondays & Thursdays: 2:30-5:30 p.m. (must arrive by 4:45 p.m.)
Wednesdays: 3-6 p.m. (must arrive by 5:15 p.m.)
2nd & 4th Saturdays: 9 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (must arrive by 12:15 p.m.)
On average, it takes a teacher 45 minutes to shop. Please arrive at the beginning of your appointment timeframe.
For the last time slot of the day, we require teachers to arrive 45 minutes before the TTRC closes.
Who Can Shop
Qualifying Hillsborough County Public Schools teachers are invited to shop for free supplies through our Teaching Tools Resource Center:
- Full-time Teachers
- Resource Teachers
- Assistant Principals
- School Psychologists
- VE, PE, Art & Music Teachers
- ESOL Teachers
- Speech Therapists/Pathologists
- Guidance Counselors
- Media Specialists
- Social Workers
- Instructional Coaches
All full-time teachers & designated faculty at HCPS Title I schools can shop from July through May per our current shopping process policy.
ONE- REPRESENTATIVE SCHOOLS
At One-Representative Schools, the principal assigns one shopper to serve as the designated shopper for the school.
VOLUNTEER-TO- SHOP SCHOOLS
All full-time HCPS teachers at schools we do not serve at Full-Service Schools and teachers at One-Representative Schools can volunteer 3 hours, up to two times per semester at the TTRC to earn a free shopping trip. Volunteers must follow our established safety protocols.
DELIVER TO MY SCHOOL
30 select Title I schools in outlying areas of our county are eligible to have items shipped to their schools. Shoppers at these schools also have the option to shop in person at HEF.
How to Shop with Us
Eligible teachers may shop twice per semester (July-December & January-May) at the Teaching Tools Resource Center by making an appointment online.
Once you have you shopped two times in one semester, you will be eligible to shop again the next semester.
*Holiday items will be available July-December and January-May for holidays falling in that timeframe. For example, if you shop in August, you will have access to Halloween, Fall and Christmas items.
It is easy to shop with us—just follow the simple steps below.
Access our portal to log in to schedule an appointment for an in-person shopping trip at the Teaching Tools Resource Center. Teachers at one of our Delivery Schools will have the option to schedule an appointment for in-person shopping or place an order online for delivery. Our appointment process ensures that we can provide the best customer service possible. Logging in to the portal is easy, all you need are two items: Your district email address and your district assigned “Lawson number.”
- User Name: [email protected]
- Password: Your Lawson Number: example 100000
For your first visit to our portal each school year, you will be prompted to review and agree to all terms of our Policies & Eligibility Form electronically. Please save a copy of this form for your records. You do not need to bring a signed copy with you to the Teaching Tools Resource Center. Once you click “Accept Agreement,” you will be directed to our main welcome page.
Select your order fulfillment option by clicking on “Schedule a Store Visit” or “Deliver to my School.”
- Schedule a Store Visit: For this option, you will select a 30-minute registration time. You must show up in that 30-minute window to shop for that day. Instructions: Enter our building in your 30-minute window, check-in at the front desk and show your School ID/State-Issued ID. You will be given a sanitized clipboard/pen and a quick overview of the shopping process. Please use the provided hand sanitizer before entering the Resource Center. Each teacher is eligible to receive up to 40 line items per shopping trip.
- Deliver to my School: This option is reserved for 30 select Title I schools that are in outlying areas of our county. Teachers at these schools can either shop in person or shop online and have items shipped. Check out the Who Can Shop section above for the list of schools that are eligible for delivery. Due to school mail weight restrictions, teachers using this method will receive up to 30 line items. Select your items from the list and click “Complete Order.”
Visit our Teacher Portal to get started!
How to Substitute Shop
Can’t make it out to the Teaching Tools Resource Center?
Aides, paraprofessionals and teachers may shop in person on behalf of a teacher who has scheduled an appointment. At this time due to the increased amount of products being offered in one trip, teachers may shop for themselves and substitute shop for one other teacher.
Aides and paraprofessionals may substitute shop on behalf of up to two teachers. Please note: both teachers utilizing a substitute shopper must have the same appointment time.
- The teacher requesting a substitute shopper will log in to their account and click on “Substitute Shopper” at the top of the page.
- Select “Yes” in the dropdown menu under “I want another person to do my shopping for me.”
- Fill in all the required fields.
- Click “Submit.”
On average, it takes a teacher 45 minutes to shop. If you are substitute shopping for another teacher as well as shopping for yourself, we strongly recommend arriving early so you have adequate time to shop. To ensure you have the best shopping experience possible, we recommend against substitute shopping during the last hour before we close.