STEAM Lending Library
Science | Technology | Engineering | Arts | Mathematics
Equipping teachers in Title I elementary schools with ready-to-use classroom kits, lesson plans and hands-on resources to engage students in learning.
Hillsborough Education Foundation understands that STEAM materials for classrooms can be expensive, so we have invested in STEAM Kits to ensure more teachers have access to resources that help create an innovative learning environment for students.
First time reserving a kit? Want an info flyer to download? Click here for what you need to know!
How It Works
Title I elementary school teachers may reserve a Pre-K—5th Grade kit for a three-week period.
HEF has a catalog of innovative STEAM classroom kits that explore concepts in coding, measurements, physics, mathematics, energy and more! The kits are designed to provide everything teachers need to lead dynamic STEAM lessons. Most kits contain activity cards to assist in planning.
Check out our STEAM Kit Catalog & Lesson Plans
All Classroom Kits, reserved in advance, are available for pickup at HEF and need to be returned to HEF at the end of the three-week loan period.
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- You must present your School ID when picking up your kit.
Please arrive by 4:45pm to check out/check in STEAM Kits. Additional pickup appointments are available during Teaching Tools Resource Center shopping times.
Ready to Reserve a STEAM Classroom Kit?
Eligible teachers are invited to reserve one of our STEAM Kits every three weeks, based on availability.
Step 1: Reserve a Kit
- Once you are ready to reserve a kit, visit our portal to create an account.
- A lending agreement must be signed before requesting a reservation is enabled.
Step 2: Enjoy the Kit in Your Classroom
- Pick up your kit at HEF and make good use of it with students during the three-week loan period.
- You can email your photos and stories to HEF to show how students used their STEAM supplies and your class may be featured on HEF’s social media pages or share on your social media channels and tag us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
Step 3: Return & Reserve Another Kit
- Return the STEAM kit and reserve another one—we are always adding more resources to our growing library.